Breskens: a world apart
The Zeeland-Flemish coastal town of Breskens has been a fishing village since its origin in the 16th century. Nowadays tourism and shipbuilding are strongly represented here, but fishing is still the active heart of the economic and social life here.
With Flanders and Northern France as the direct hinterland and an annual turnover of 8 milloin euros, Breskens Fish Auction is also a concept.
What makes Breskens Fish Auction unique?
• Daily auction
• 30% of the auction relates to shrimps
• Personal service due to being small-scale
• Landing of so-called overnight fishing boats: fish is always fresh
• Rapid sales market to Flanders
• Auction particpation on site or via Electronic Auction System
Monday to Thursday: 14.30 hours and Friday: 08.00 hours.
Back | Top